Midvale Heights Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting
November 25, 2008
Present: J. Sweet, D. Lamb (presiding), C. Bunge, T. Jarvis, R. Rotter, F. Stautz, C. Robida, J. Gary, J. Lager, K. Reuter-Krohn, M.J. Armstrong
Also present: Nancy Gutknecht (and others who stayed on after the Annual Meeting)
1. Election of officers: The Board decided to elect officers at its next meeting.
2. City report: Thuy Pham-Remmele, who had presented at the Annual Meeting a $500 personal check for neighborhood watch expenses, as well as a plaque for Greg Bell, was unable to stay for the Board meeting, and there was no City report.
3. County report: Carousel Bayrd gave a brief report County issues. She reported that she was generally pleased with the recently passed County budget.
4. Midvale Neighborhood Garden art project: D. Lamb introduced Nancy Gutknecht, who described an art project for the area of the Midvale Neighborhood Garden. She requested $300 in support of this project. Board members commented that they thought that this was a very worthwhile project. Motion was made, seconded, and passed to provide $500 in support of this project.
5. American Transmission Company high-voltage: D. Lamb indicated that the proposed route for the transmission line along the Beltline highway has been altered to bring the line closer to Odana Hills Park and the homes in that area, also requiring the construction of an access road through the park. Discussion followed. Carousel Bayrd expressed the opinion that, if the transmission line is to be built along the Beltline, it should be buried. A resident of the area near the park indicated that residents of the area are planning to initiate a petition opposing the new plan. Board members asked him to keep the Board informed and to tell the Board how MHCA can be helpful to their efforts.
6. Adjournment: Motion made, seconded, and passed to adjourn the meeting.
Charles Bunge, Secretary