Midvale Heights Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting
June 26, 2012 Minutes
Present: D. Lamb, J. Thoreson (presiding), T. Jarvis, R. Rotter, J. Gary, C. Kreimendahl, J. Lager, F. Stautz
1. Treasurer’s report: R. Rotter distributed a report showing a cash and bank accounts total of $34,450.48, with Tokay planting money moved to the Bison Prairie Project category. T-Ball money is coming in, and the expected related outlay by season’s end will approximate $5000. The 501c(3) non-profit tax forms were completed and sent in.
2. Minutes: Approval of the minutes of the May 22, 2012 meeting passed with correction to heading date.
3. Membership: D. Lamb discussed membership flyer because much fewer dues were received so far this year–only about 240 members
4. Little Libraries: Kelly Murdock is researching possible placement of Little Library kiosk(s) near Segoe Rd. parks.
5. Green Team: J. Gary summarized Bison Prairie May 19 planting that has been supplemented with a neighbor doing regular watering due to the drought. The Tokay Blvd. plantings appear to be surviving the City’s road repairs.
6. Bison Sculpture Repair: C. Kreimendahl distributed a draft grant proposal for $600 to repair the bison sculptures based on Bill Grover’s estimate. Due to the short time line for repairs before the August anniversary and the uncertainty about the grant criteria from CPM HealthGrades (P. Schell’s employer that supports neighborhood projects), motion was made instead to pay for it from MHCA funds. Motion carried.
7. BPG Watering: Motion made and passed to approve up to $400 for reimbursing BPG neighbor for cost or watering prairie plantings.
8. BPG Anniversary: J. Gary reviewed plan to have ice cream social and ceremony at BPG on August 19 at 3 pm. She will solicit cookie and lemonade donations. Laura Brown, Greg Bell and Jean Sweet have been asked to speak there about BPG history. The event rain date is August 26.
9. Membership: Additional discussion about low membership. Consensus to send out joint flyers to all residents about the garage sale, BPG anniversary and membership recruitment.
10. Neighborhood Sign Update: J. Thoreson identified a second quote for repairs to two signs from Vital Signs, Verona for $1000. Motion made seconded and passed to approve their bid.
11. Announcements: Stephanie will be handling the Santa visits again in 2012.
12. Adjournment: Motion/second to adjourn around 8:00. Motion carried.
Chuck Kreimendahl, Substitute Secretary