Midvale Heights Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting
September 27, 2011
Present: G. Poulson, M. Silbernagel, D. Lamb (presiding), P. Haskew, C. Bunge, T. Jarvis, J. Sherwood, F. Stautz, J. Gary, K. Reuter-Krohn
Also present: Matt Phair, Greg Fischer, Jim Thoreson, Peter Schell
1. Call to order and introductions: D. Lamb opened the meeting, and those present introduced themselves.
2. Minutes: The minutes of the meetings of June 28 and August 23 were approved as distributed.
3. Treasurerâ€™s report: R. Rotter did not attend the meeting, and there was no treasurerâ€™s report.
4. County Supervisor report: Carousel Bayrd was unable to attend the meeting, and there was no county report.
5. Alder Report: Matt Phair made a brief report on City matters, including budget issues. He indicated that the speed bumps on Keating Terrace would be installed before the snow falls. Brief discussion of traffic matters in the neighborhood followed.
6. Annual meeting: D. Lamb reminded the Board that the Association annual meeting would be on October 25. G. Poulson indicated that the Deputy City Clerk would speak to the meeting about the new voter ID requirements for voting. D. Lamb announced that the neighborhoodâ€™s new alder, Brian Solomon, would attend and speak, as well. Board members from odd-numbered areas would be elected at the meeting, including Jim Thoreson, as a replacement for Jean Sweet, who has indicated her resignation from the Board.. G. Poulson volunteered to obtain liquid refreshments for the meeting, and D. Lamb indicated that she would obtain bakery treats.
7. Newsletter delivery: D. Lamb indicated that delivery of the newsletter to members only went reasonably smoothly. A supply of copies had been put at the branch library for interested non-members to pick up.
8. Green Team: J. Gary reported that cleanup day for the Tokay plantings was scheduled for October 29. Upkeep on the Bison Prairie Gateway was ongoing. The soil at the gateway had been tested and had good composition for the plantings. Jean Sweet had resigned from the Green Team.
9. New zoning map, 677 Segoe Rd., Verona Road construction: D. Lamb passed around copies of the portion of the new City zoning map that pertains to Midvale Heights. She indicated that Odana School Park would be zoned â€œconservancy.â€ Board members commented on the proposed zoning of other areas in the neighborhood. D. Lamb reported that the development project at 677 Segoe Rd. had been approved by the City Council. The required traffic study had been completed, and she would forward the report to Board members via email. She reported that she had been notified that the design phase of the Verona Rd. interchange project was to begin soon. Strand Associates will provide public outreach office hours, in order to inform the public about the project. She indicated that she would forward the announcement of these office hours to Board members via email.
10. Other business: M. Silbernagel nominated Peter Schell to serve as Co-Area Director in Area 4. The nomination was seconded and passed with no dissenting votes.
11. Adjournment: Motion was made, seconded, and passed that the meeting adjourn at 7:30.
Charles Bunge, Secretary