Loading...
 

MHCA Area Director's meeting minutes

June 2005 MHCA Area Director's meeting minutes

cabunge Saturday 26 of April, 2008
Midvale Heights Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting
June 28, 2005

Minutes

Present: S. Sussman (presiding), G. Poulson, J. Sweet, M. Hoffman, M Silbernagel, P. Baker, D. Lamb, R. Meihsner, C. Bunge, T. Jarvis, R. Rotter, C. Brown, C. Henige, K. Reuter-Krohn, G. Merriman

Also attending: Kate Anderson, Rachel Martin

1. Introductions: Those present at the meeting introduced themselves.

2. Minutes: The minutes of the May 24, 2005 meeting were approved as distributed.

3.Treasurer’s report: R. Rotter distributed a report, showing an ending cash balance of $13,335.53, including details for various areas of activity. He pointed out that he had written a large check for T-Ball program expenses. Money from 2005-2007 memberships, which were coming in nicely, had not been deposited.

4. County report: R. Fyrst was unable to attend the meeting, and there was no county report.

5. City report: C. Thomas was unable to attend the meeting, and there was no city report.

6. Midvale Heights sign repair update: S. Sussman announced that the MHCA sign at Odana and Segoe had been hit by a car and damaged extensively. He had been in contact with the company that made and installed the sign, and a representative was to provide information later on the cost of repairing the sign, which would be on the order of a few hundred dollars. Motion was made, seconded, and passed authorizing the President to spend the necessary funds to get the sign repaired and installed.

7. Tornado remembrance picnic wrap-up: S. Sussman and other Board members commented on the success of the potluck and on how much those in attendance enjoyed it. The President extended the Board’s thanks to C. Robida and others who helped with arrangements. Board members commented favorably on the amount of media exposure the picnic gave the Association and hits history book.

8. Traffic Committee: Rachel Martin told the Board that she has been acting as chair or coordinator for the Association’s traffic committee. The committee has been rather inactive, in part because of a vague mission or charge. She proposed broadening the committee’s function to include transportation issues in general. Board members reacted positively to this idea , and R. Martin agreed to write an article for the newsletter proposing this idea and inviting ideas from neighborhood residents.

9. Cob Wall Design: R. Martin told the Board that the people coordinating the development of a cob wall for the Midvale Elementary School grounds were at the design stage. She invited Board members to call her with ideas or concerns.

10. Gateway project update: J. Sweet told the Board that the Gateway area required continuous maintenance of various sorts, including weeding and mulching. The response for the last work evening for mulching was not very good. She asked the Board to think about how the necessary maintenance can be coordinated and accomplished. Board members suggested putting up a sign at the site, inviting passersby to participate in maintenance work. R. Meihsner volunteered R. Meihsner to look into this idea. J. Sweet reported that one idea that she and others had developed was to replace the mulch with low-mow grass. This would cut down substantially on the work required to keep up the area. Motion was made, seconded, and passed to authorize J. Sweet to arrange for grass to be planted at the Gateway site and to have the City put a valve on the nearby hydrant for watering the area, subject to consultation with S. Sussman when cost figures are known.

11. Block Captain route update: C. Henige pointed out that no one has an up-to-date list of Block Captains and their routes. She distributed maps to Board members and asked each to mail to her and to S. Sussman information on their Block Captains and their routes.

12. Bulk mailing of the newsletter: C. Brown pointed out that there are a number of Block Captain vacancies and that delivering the newsletter can be challenging in bad weather. She suggested that the Board consider mailing the newsletter to neighborhood residents with the Association’s bulk mailing permit. After discussion, the Board decided to explore this idea further at the September 2005 Board meeting.

13. Midvale Plaza community input: R. Martin suggested that the Association be more active in providing input to developers and City officials regarding changes in Midvale Plaza. Board members expressed frustration at the lack of information and movement from the developer. G. Poulson volunteered to seek out information and to email Board members. D. Lamb and R. Martin volunteered to form a committee to gather and pass on community input. S. Sussman, M. Hoffman, and M. Silbernagel expressed interest in being on this committee.

14. Miscellaneous business: T. Jarvis announced that the calendar feature of the Association’s Internet web site was available and easy to use. He invited Board members to post meetings and other items there.

15. Adjournment: The meeting adjourned 8:30 p.m.

Charles Bunge, Secretary