Loading...
 

MHCA Area Director's meeting minutes

June 2017 MHCA Board minutes

chuckkrei Tuesday 01 of August, 2017
MIDVALE HEIGHTS COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION BOARD MEETING MINUTES
TUESDAY June 27, 2017, 6:45 pm
SEQUOYA LIBRARY
Present: E. Rogers, C. Kreimendahl, D. Lamb, T. Jarvis, R. Rotter, W. Weber, J. Chipault, G. Fischer, J. Lager, K. Reuter-Krohn
1. Rogers called the meeting to order at 6:49 p.m.
2. Minutes of the May, 2017 meetings reviewed. Motion/second to approve, as amended. Motion carried.
3. Treasurer Rotter distributed the Account Balance/Transaction Reports showing account/asset balance of $51,159.44. Notice the new format for the Transaction Report.
4. Summer Concert Series updated by Lamb who announced varying food carts would be available. Advertising of concerts on band websites, Next Door, Facebook, MHCA, email list, table at Westmorland 4th. Covenant Presbyterian Church on Segoe Rd is available for rain location for 3 of the dates for $50/day; still seeking rain site for 7/14 concert. Will send flyer file to Board members for printing and distribution.
5. For Bison statue repair, Kreimendahl provided estimate from Bill Grover for repair work of $300-400. Motion/second to authorize $500. Motion carried.
6. Membership drive: Rogers emphasizes large amount of work Jarvis does for this. Jarvis gives running total of about 50 members entered with another about 80 to be entered on Website membership roster. Some donations were already received. The new server is working well for registration. Will need postcards to recent members who have not registered this year by August. Jarvis will get directory prepped for printing then. Discount cards need to get done also. Since there is no standing Membership Committee, suggested that someone document the detailed procedures for Board members to use for future membership drives. Rogers will check with Haskew about this.
7. Announcements: Some discussion of Odana Park playground damage, which Alder Cheeks said would get replacement/upgrade moved up to 2018 Parks expenditures discussion. Rogers will contact Parks Dept. to offer our input/support.
Rogers announces his new job is taking away from presidential duties, so he will step down as President at the end of his term this fall. Fitzsimmons has communicated that he is not available to be President. We should be thinking of a speaker for the October annual meeting.
Report that picnic went well inside despite rain outside. Cleanup volunteers were lacking.
Jarvis said that garage sale will be $5 to register as seller participant for Sept 1 & 2. Michelle Kempf-Weibel & John Weibel are coordinators this year. See Messenger for sign-up sheet.
Meeting adjourned by motion at @ 8:07 p.m.
Respectfully submitted by C. Kreimendahl, Secy.