Midvale Heights Community Association
Board of Directors Meeting
March 22, 2011 Minutes
Present: J. Sweet, M. Silbernagel, D. Lamb (presiding), P. Haskew, T. Jarvis, R. Rotter, J. Gary, M. J. Armstrong, C. Kreimendahl, J. Lager, S. Schmidt, F. Stautz
Also present: Nan Lager, Cathy Rotter, Matt Phair, Jim Riffel, Paul Hampton
1. Minutes: Approval of the minutes of the February 22, 2011 meeting was tabled.
2. Treasurerâ€™s report: R. Rotter distributed a report showing a cash and bank accounts total of $15,085.29, with an additional $50 just received in income.
3. Development of Odana/Segoe site: D. Lamb reported on city UDC referral of project, rather than approval. Discussion of neighbor input from informal meeting just prior to Directorsâ€™ meeting. Motion/second to authorize D. Lamb to write to developer to reiterate our ongoing concerns including density/height/parking/etc., indicating MHCA willingness to continue to work to get plan compliance. Motion carried.
4. Membership drive: S. Schmidt reported Committee recommendations including having an annual membership drive, possibly with a lifetime membership rate and providing coupons or discount card for local businesses as a membership reward. P. Haskew reported the preliminary results of investigation of coupon/discount research. Motion/second to change to annual membership drive with $15 annual member fee. Motion carried. Committee to report back next meeting on businesses interested in participating in coupon/discount program.
5. Green Team: N. Lager notified of April 30 Tokay Blvd. cleanup/gardening/mulching from 9a-12p. Volunteers with wheelbarrow needed. J. Gary reported Bison Prairie burn to be scheduled pending local approvals. Parks Division given kudos from J. Sweet for assisting MHCA and having well-run department.
6. Facebook: J. Riffel reported that Facebook page is growing and will manually post additional items from MHCA Website as they arise.
7. Announcements: Vintage Brewing at Whitney Way is seeking city approval for outside patron seating.
Volunteers came forward to do newsletter bulk distribution. Still need volunteers for picnic and garage sale.
Candidate forums for mayor and alder were well attended and successful.
Community car will locate a vehicle in the Sequoya Commons parking lot soon. More details available at next meeting.
Sequoya Commons apartment complex retail may include a restaurant and bakery.
Clarification that no formal action has yet been taken on newsletter publication/distribution changes.
8. Adjournment: Motion/second to adjourn around 8:00. Motion carried.
Chuck Kreimendahl, Substitute Scribe