Midvale Heights Community Association
October 23, 2012
Board of Directors Members Present: D. Lamb, J. Thoreson (presiding), T. Jarvis, R. Rotter, J. Gary, C. Kreimendahl, J. Lager, F. Stautz, P. Haskew, G. Paulson, J.Sherwood
Convened: 6:30 pm
1. 2011-12 Review. Thoreson addressed annual meeting crowd of about 45 persons about MHCA successes: picnic, Bison Prairie renovation/celebration, Tokay median, etc.
2. Area Director Election. Slate of nominees for even-numbered area directors as published, consisting of incumbents except for co-director nominees Jenny Chipault and Greg Fischer for Area 12, was moved/seconded. Motion carried.
3. Mayor Paul Soglin. Guest speaker covered various topics including community gardens in parks, school performance despite increased poverty, Neighborhood Resource Teams revival, City financing/budget, Overture Center and public food markets. He then answered a number of audience questions.
4. SAIL. Eric Wolf and Ann Albert described services from SAIL membership that assist people to stay in own houses and to help build stronger neighborhoods. Included discussion of West Madison Senior Coalition/Center for home and community based services.
5. Adjournment: around 8:30 pm.
Chuck Kreimendahl, Substitute Secretary